Monday, July 9, 2012

My Buddy Is Home :-) ....... :-'(

The ashes of my Dog Buddy Just arrived and I'm still Heartbroken!!!!! His death is still raw in my heart. He passed away 2 weeks ago at age 14 and His presence is just missing in me and my dad's life.

I think that as i got older and after my grandmother dies Pops grown a huge attachment to buddy as his companion and right hand man. Me on the other hand he was always regarded as my annoying little brother in my head LOL But as time passed he and Pop got older and they both ironically had the same medical troubles of heart & mobility issues. Pop with having a  mild heart attack and having spinal stenosis while as Buddy had an enlarged heart and arthritis as well as the veterinarian telling us a few months ago that he was past his "Expiration Date" as if he was a package of meat :-(

None the less they both were each others companion that got each other up and out everyday. Buddy started being affected by heavy breathing, walking up & stairs and having the need to Go a lot more frequent that before but he still was himself just slower.He still was a very anxious and rambunctious dog.

But the day 2 weeks ago i cam home and i saw him like ai never saw him and I did what i always do in tough times. I go into "Fix It " mode. I tried to figure out what i could do, found a hospital to take him to get the var ready but right after....he Left. I Honestly feel that He waited for me & Mister to get home before he decided to leave which i will always be thankful to him & God for. I know that i always had the thought in the back of my head that he would pass when i wasn't home, but I think he knew how much I loved hom. Even though i didn't show it enough , he knew

It's now awkward home because me and pop are so used to him being in the house, having to be walked, barking at people etc. The little things like for me hearing him walk around upstairs in the middle of the night and me thinking it was Pop! Lol  from when i come in and he either greeting me at the door wagging his tail or as of recent him just laid out sleep right by the door and not moving just looking up at e with the What Up Look! The recent thing was him going to take a leak on the bush in the backyard when Mister was with me or not every time we came home. so not having him around Hurts!

But I know that he is in a better lace and i bet he's with my Grandmother right now and there having a ball while she feeds him tootsie rolls! Lmao (yes tootsie rolls, i know dogs aren't to have chocolate but Buddy was Different) 


1 comment: