Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's Good To Have Options

So yesterday i went to a interview for background work for the show SMASH. I got the call from Grant Wilfley Casting which do most of the good TV show and movie background castings (I'm trying to get them to know me Lol) earlier this week so i went to Greenpoint Brooklyn (somewhat of a trek with a garment bag of clothes)

The call is a for a theatre gala scene so they said bring 2 outfits. So i wore one and had another but i brought more option. I always ironically bring more clothes then needed even if i booked the gig because you never know.But in the back of my head sometimes I'm like what if they don't like anything or what if they just like what i have on.:-( LOl

Anywho I get to the address which was weird because the address was 44 but on one side of the street was all 49- and the other side there was a factory that had 50 so i was like WTF already sweaty from pumping from the train station which i first started walking the wring way due to google messing me up which always happens LOL I cross the street and ask and i find it right next to the factory. I go upstairs and then get signed in and wait to be brought to  the wardrobe fitting

Sitting in the room with like maybe 2 other guys a white guy with a British accent (which I later found out was Australian Lmao) and a Williamsburg esk family Black guy (skinny jeans , little backpack and American apparel tank) so I'm thinking I'm so not looking hipster enough :-( we go to the fitting and these two nice girls tell us put our stuff out on the rack and just stand by. Right after that these 2 people come in and the wardrobe and her chit chat and in the conversation i hear that he's with casting....OMG.

If i had any never i would've introduced myself gave him my business card( Thanks Vistaprint) or atleast say hello but it was too late they left the room Dang! So it's my turn to have my clothes evaluated and the girl goes through everything and I'm explaining what i brought and i say that i have other things at home and i didn't know if i didn't bring enough or too much and she says "No It's Great That You Brought Options". So that put me at ease :-) I'm doing the right thing! I'm hoping maybe she remembers me and plugs me for more episodes! :-) So she ironically like the outfit i was wearing and she threw a blazer on it.Then she took my picture and said this is what you need to ear next week.......

So does this mean that I'm in?? I'm like okay in my head but I'm still awaiting my email for confirmation that I', not just thinking that I'm that cute! Lmao But another bonus is that I got paid for the day which is an awesome PLUS!! That's the perks of being an extra they really appreciate you for coming. I'm just hoping that i do get it and Jennifer Hudson is on all 3 episodes I'm there for i would D.I.E I've been waiting for the day that i meet her and she can sign her VOGUE Cover. I had to get it when it came out and i know she's a skinny girl now but still i think she'll appreciate my fan appreciation!



So We Will See :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment