Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Olivia Pope is Going to get an EMMY!!!

Thursday was the day i have been waiting for, since first season was over of SCANDAL!

KERRY WASHINGTON IS AN EMMY NOMINEE!!!!!!!!



Kerry as Olivia Pope was Groundbreaking in my opinion and the fact that the Emmy and Golden Globes passed her up last year (which had me mad especially that they gave Connie Britton a nomination and Scandal was on before it!, but whatever LOL) was silly. But all good thing must come to those who wait. And yes we all did wait. Kerry even went ahead and got married Lol

But Emmy morning i knew she would be called. I even had a nice Instagram exchange with a girl who knew it was going to happen to (shout-out to Angeliice On Instagram!) I saw the list online and i was like yess! I was at them time dropping off my boo at the subway, so i knew what i was doing when i got in. I went IN Lmao I was so excited for her and for the fact that she was finally being recognized for being the only black woman on primetime since Diahann Carroll in Julia and the first nominee since Cicely Tyson in 1994.

*SHAMELESS PLUG TIME***
I actually discussed in in my YouTube video about Black Hollywood. Check it out Here:

After speaking to my sister last night, she asked who were the the nominees and i told her. When she heard Claire Danes (Who's work i admire) she was like OH that's tough, she's good in HOMELAND! I said NOPE Kerry is getting it! It's her time! And DAMN it, it is! SCANDAL is like the best drama on TV and it's at the helm of a African American Female character running !@#$. Plus i think Claire will be more than happy with her 2 Emmys & Golden Globes! This is time for history to be had & made and by gosh it will be


No comments:

Post a Comment